Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lapbooking

We're first-year homeschoolers. We're still figuring out our style and philosophy.

I'm currently checking out lapbooking and unit studies. I feel like I've done nothing since mid-August but research homeschooling methods, ideas, philosophies, styles, blogs, websites, and I've probably checked out 200 books from the library!

My mind is spinning, and I'm doing more research than the kids are doing "school work," but they are still learning, and they are happy. And I've got enough materials around here that I can say "Come do this" and they generally do it without too much complaining.

I'm curious as to where this adventure will take us over the course of this year, and where we will be next year at this time.

One day at a time, one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is normal. Our household seems to go in phases too. We do lapbooking/lapnotebooking/notebooking for science, U.S. history and Bible. The great thing about is that lapbooking/notebooking are tools to use, not necessarily curriculum. Have you seen this lapbooking how-to series by Jimmie? Here's the first article: http://www.squidoo.com/lapbooking

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice when leaving comments! And don't distract your driver.