Monday, August 31, 2009

Charlotte Mason

Thanks to Kris' blog at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers I have found links to so many useful homeschooling sites and the answers to so many questions. Since we are new to "official" homeschooling (I've supplemented my children's brick-and-mortar educations all their lives), I have spent a considerable amount of time lately doing research into different homeschooling styles, and trying out different methods.

My most recent research has lead me to studying the Charlotte Mason methods. I can't stop reading! We're in a serious money crunch so I depend on the library for most of my materials, but I often have to wait for books to come in. Thus, I spend a LOT of time on the computer. Thankfully, I can usually count on Kris to do the hard work of finding the right materials for me to be reading so I don't waste a lot of time searching through the garbage to find the gold!

Thanks, Kris, for leading me to Catherine Levison's website: A Charlotte Mason Education. I'm learning so much! And thank YOU, Catherine, for spending so much of your time studying Charlotte Mason for me, and putting it into wrods I can understand.

Enough writing, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when leaving comments! And don't distract your driver.