Monday, October 18, 2010

So ...

So, we came to the conclusion that we wanted to give Classical Conversations a try. Good choice for us! It is a good fit. It's pricey ... like paying private school tuition, but I was looking for what was best for MY kids and this seems to be it for this year. (Next year is to be seen.)

So, my dad passed away on July 8th. 'Scuse the language, but that sucked. But, it solidified the relationship between by oldest brother and myself. That part is good. Another older brother was, unfortunately, in Alaska during that time and couldn't be here. My mom, two brothers, and I were with Dad, holding him, stroking him, telling him we love him, as he finally slipped away. We called my sister, who didn't want to be there, and she came to join us. I had spent so much time there over the two weeks leading up to this, all I wanted to do was go home. Here I am thinking "I don't ever want to go through that again" when ...

Two weeks later, my oldest brother's father-in-law passed away. In his hands. And less than two months after that, his mother-in-law passed away also! And THEN, my best friend's father passed away too.

So ... since my last post (in APRIL!), I've done very little other than school my kids, care for my dad, and attend funerals.

So, I'm back. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when leaving comments! And don't distract your driver.